Paludarium 54L - Journal

Sesarma bidens/Pseudosesarma moeshi (Red Clawed Mangrove Crab) was the main reason for commencing this project. Like many other crabs even this one needs access to land. I would like to keep a few of these crabs responsibly, meaning successfully. Happy crab-keeping! :-)

3/24/07

A bit more planting

The terrarium part; I planted some Anubias afzelii and Anubias 'Petite' as well as some Anubias nana
The Aqua part; I planted Microsorum 'Windelow' and Anubias nana.
I will let this set-up run for a longer while before adding any Sesarma bidens to it. With all those plants, the bacteria/microorganisms will have no problem developing, creating a balanced portable ecosystem for my future Crabs :-) (I took an old sponge out of my established aquarium, that is full of infusoria and nitrifying bacteria, and rinsed it well inside this new paludarium water to jump start the process)