Paludarium 54L - Journal

Sesarma bidens/Pseudosesarma moeshi (Red Clawed Mangrove Crab) was the main reason for commencing this project. Like many other crabs even this one needs access to land. I would like to keep a few of these crabs responsibly, meaning successfully. Happy crab-keeping! :-)

4/18/07

Crabs introduced at last.

Just for the records;
I introduced 3 Sesarma bidens (1 male 2 females) into this paludarium of mine. Like expected they are very shy at first. One female started showing interest in eating Java Moss, good sign that crabs are adapting to the new environment.

Not long ago, since I didn't have any other space for it, I decided placing my only Macrobrachium spp. shrimp (4cm) into this tank. I hope it will live in harmony with the rest of the Crab family. Time will tell.

As soon the Crabs get more comfortable and on right spot, I will post some photos.